Enrolment conditions and the criteria for selection in case of limited enrolment
Enrolment in the programme shall be possible for any person who has completed the final examination, vocational matura or general matura in any four-year secondary school programme.
If the number of candidates applying for the programme exceeds the number of enrolment spaces, candidates shall be selected according to the following criteria:
- overall performance on the final examination, vocational matura or general matura (60%);
- overall performance in the 3rd and 4th years of secondary school (40%).
Criteria for Crediting Knowledge and Skills obtained before Enrolment
The Faculty may choose to credit a student’s knowledge (obtained in the framework of different kinds of education) if it corresponds to the course content of the
Geotechnology and Mining programme. The NTF’s Studies Committee is charged with crediting knowledge and skills obtained before enrolment; it does this on the basis of the student’s written application and the provided certificates or other documents proving the type of knowledge successfully acquired.
When crediting knowledge obtained before enrolment, the Studies Committee will take into account the following criteria:
- Whether conditions for enrolling into a specific educational course are adequate (required prior education for starting the study programme);
- Whether the scope of the completed educational course (the number of hours of prior education as compared to the scope of the subject in question) adequately compares with the credited requirements,
- Whether the areas covered by the prior education programme, which the applicant would like to have credited, adequately compare with the subjects dealt with in the Faculty course.
Acquired knowledge and skills may be credited as a completed study activity if the conditions for taking part in the educational programme were a minimally attained secondary school education, if the prior educational programme encompassed at least 75% of the scope of the subject and if at least 75% of its contents cover the same areas as the subject which the applicant would like to have credited. In the event the Committee finds that the acquired knowledge can be credited, it is granted the same number of ECTS points as awarded for the subject in question. A special case of crediting skills and knowledge obtained prior to enrolment is the crediting of in-company placement (Practical training), if the student was regularly employed at companies working with graphic arts activities or similar for at least a year. In this case, the employment must be proved with an appropriate document which shows the duration of the employment and the company’s activities.