Surveying and Geophysics are disciplines of Mining Science dealing with underground space, including its geometric dimensions and physical properties. Current pedagogical, scientific and professional fields mostly cover the following disciplines:
- Mine surveying ( elementary geodesy, mine survey) and Geotechnology (engineering geodesy, geotechnical measurements):
- Spatial survey and cartographic documentation of mining spaces and other underground structures;
- Surface objects survey (quarries, landfill areas, etc.);
- Deformation Analysis
- Geometry of ore deposits.
- Geophysical surveying in mining and geotechnology:
- Geological setting exploration for mineral prospecting, large civil engineering projects and oil mining;
- Application and development of specific geophysical research methods and instruments for geotechnical tasks;
- Mining site ecology:
- Exploration of roof caving above mining faces and consequences on the transformation of surface;
- Monitoring survey of landslides and landfill locations mainly for remediation and safe operation.
Both disciplines, with a tradition in classic mining, can successfully face modern problems through the use of a broad range of geotechnical knowledge.
HEAD OF CHAIR
assist. prof. dr. Goran Vižintin
prof. dr. Andrej Gosar
asist. Andrej Pal
asist. Gregor Rajh