INDUSTRIAL PLACEMENT ABROAD
In cooperation with the Office of International Cooperation at the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering offers support and counseling also when it comes to Erasmus industrial placement abroad.
The following paragraphs contain brief advice and the application procedure for students who are interested in such industrial placement; you can find additional guidelines and contacts on the website of the Office of International Cooperation of the University of Ljubljana.
Main guidelines and demands+
- The student must has a RS status and a student status during the time of the industrial placement;
- The industrial placement takes place in companies or educational centres belonging to EU/EFTA/EEA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) or Turkey (excluding EU institutions, organisations heading EU programmes and embassies of the RS abroad);
- The industrial placement is limited to a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 12 months;
- Students are given a scholarship.
- In February and March, the faculty informs students about the collection of Erasmus applications for industrial placement for the next year; the Faculty forwards the applications to the Office of International Cooperation of the University of Ljubljana (the applications are only informative in nature and the student is in no way committing to anything);
- Every student who applies is entitled to financial aid (in the event of surplus funds, the University enables additional applications at a later date);
- The student must then find his or her own employer;
- At least one month before the start of the industrial placement, the student is required to forward the following documents to the Office of International Cooperation of the University of Ljubljana (found on its website):
- The signed Acceptance Conformation – Organization);
- The Training Agreement and Quality Commitment);
- The Form for Obtaining Financial Aid in 2010/11;
- A copy of the student’s banking book;
- An educational certificate for the current academic year;
- A small ID photo.
- After receiving the documents, the Office forwards the student the Placement Contract.
- After completing their placement abroad, students forward the following documents to the Office:
- Narrative Report from Student to Institution;
- Certificate on completed industrial placement.
On its website, the Office of International Cooperation at the University of Ljubljana publishes current job offers from foreign employers.
The completed international industrial placement is also recognised by the member of the Slovenian University. Information on the industrial placement must be entered into the appendix to the Diploma under the chapter on information about types of studies and the graduate’s success.
Erasmus coordinator for study exchanges/industrial placement at the Faculty for the Department of geology, Department of geotehchnology, mining and environment and Department of materials and metallurgy:
as. dr. Matjaž Knap
Tel.: 01 425 03 16
Contact for the Erasmus industrial placement at the Department of textiles, graphic arts and design:
mag. Mirjam Leskovšek
Tel.: 01 200 32 66