Tutoring is systematic guidance to students in their studies and in their academic development.
The purpose of tutoring at NTF is to:
- support students during their studies,
- increase the transfer of students to the next year,
- advise students in the selection of optional courses,
- assist in the study of individual courses or the mandatory practice
- encourage students to participate in extracurricular activities.
Student tutoring for foreign students helps foreign students to overcome possible cultural differences and adapt to the new environment. The priorities of foreign students are primarily: residence, student ID, transport. Possible cultural differences (language, habits, personal attitudes) might well influence the study performance of a foreign student. Tutors help them with everyday life challenges, to integrate into our environment, to overcome homesickness and with various administrative procedures.
tutor teacher: assist. prof. Matjaž Knap, DrSc
tutor student: Blaž Leskovar