- Introduction: earthquake types, elastic rebound theory, history of seismology
- Earthquakes measurements and monitoring: seismic waves (body and surface waves), seismometer, accelerometer, seismograph, seismic station, seismogram, earthquake strength, magnitude, intensity, European Macroseismic Scale, earthquake effects, earthquake location
- Earthquakes in space and time: spatial distribution of earthquakes, seismicity and plate tectonics, temporal distribution of earthquakes, frequency-magnitude logarithmic relation, frequency distribution of aftershocks
- Earthquakes and tectonics: seismotectonics, rupture length, fault slip, focal mechanisms – determination and meaning
- Earthquake hazard assessment: earthquake hazard map, probabilistic seismic hazard assessment, seismic geological site effect (reference point method, spectral ratio method, microtremors method, numerical modelling), seismic microzonation, soil classification (Eurocode 8), earthquake engineering
- Earthquakes and Earth’s internal structure: analyses of teleseisms, seismic tomography, surface waves dispersion analysis, radial models of the Earth’s interior, seismic velocities in the Earth’s interior, main seismic discontinuities
- Earthquakes in Slovenia: seismicity maps, plate tectonics and Slovenia territory, larger earthquakes in Slovenia, seismological monitoring in Slovenia, Slovenian seismological network, earthquake hazard in Slovenia, design ground acceleration map, intensity map
Gosar A., 2011: Osnove seizmologije. UL, Naravoslovnotehniška fakulteta, 70 str.
Ooops...It looks like you're using an old version of your browser.
For the best experience, please update your browser or use alternative options as Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.