The 1st year students of Graphics and Interactive Communication took part in the international project »GWG Infographics«, which takes place every year under the auspices of the international graphics association Ghent Workgroup (GWG), as part of the course Graphic Prepress under the mentorship of Prof. Dr. Raša Urbas.
Based on various topics in the field of graphic prepress and design, they have created interesting, attractive, clear and above all, informative infographics. Indeed, the purpose of infographics is to present technical topics, which are sometimes difficult to understand, in a simple, useful and clear way. The students have shown a lot of creativity, ingenuity, innovation and willingness to work when creating infographics.
When designing the infographics, the students had to use the existing GWG style guide, in which colours, fonts and other elements of the overall corporate identity are precisely defined. They also had to design their work in digital and print-ready form. All infographics were created in Slovenian and English.
The students’ work are published in digital form on the website of the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, and the infographic exhibition is also displayed in the Faculty’s premises (5th floor).
The students’ work can be compared with the results of a related project carried out at the same time by the 1st year students of Graphic and Media Technology, whose aim was to present the same content in the form of modified, supplemented and holistically perfected “GWG video tutorials”.
Authors of infographics:
- Common colour spaces – Češnjaj Ajda, Kocman Anika, kofol Enej and Marko Šiškovič
- RGB and CMYK colour space – Breščk Ajda, Lavrenčič Lea, Pipan Evelin and Zabev Monika
- RGB and CMYK colour space – Blatnik Klara, Blatnik Manca, Dular Ana and Tomše Maks
- Spot & process colours – Fuks Alen, Novović Dunja, Urankar Katja and Zorn Lucija
- Spot & process colours – Arvaj Lucija Brina, Belehar Nuša, Porenta Gabi and Zorko Miha
- Spot & process colours – Dimitrijević Zrnić Nives, Grošelj Neža, Kočman Leonard and Pečnik Nika
- PDF & PDF/X – Charmelo Nicole, Čirković Mila, Jelenc Jure and Oražem Sabina
- PDF & PDF/X – Baša Manca, Mikuž Tine, Praznik Tinkara and Vidic Nika
- PDF & PDF/X – Dovnik Rebeka, Jereb Macur Živa, Kniewald Eli and Sudar Lara
- Transparency – Grobelnik Ana, Podvez Maša, Pregelj Gaja and Sušnik Vrečič Iza
- Transparency – Ahmetović David, Atelšek Taja, Černe Dominik and Vidmajer Filip
- Transparency – Dyadyura Oksana, Fileva Delfina, Irić Damjan and Todorovska Evgenija
- Colour management & PDF/X – Koželj Melita, Krušič lana, Ražem Naja and Šarko Vanesa
- Colour management & PDF/X – Bukšek Maša, Perc Neža, Tišlar Patrik and Zupan Naja