Students get familiar with the following topics:
- what is Micropaleontology, what it deals with and what are the research methods,
- sampling: quantity of the samples, preparation techniques (lithified and unlithified sediment, thin sections, phisical and chemical methods of preparations),
- properties of various groups of microfossils: foraminifera, radiolarians, conodonts, diatoms, silicoflagellates, palynomorphs, calpionellids, dasycladacean green algae, corallinacean algae, ostracods, coccolithophores,
- microfossils as paleoenvironmental indicators (practical work with foraminifera),
- foraminiferal morphotypes,
- microfossils in biostratigraphy.
Geology (MAG) - Geology and Palaeontology (RGP)
Skip to content
Exam schedulesThere are no exams scheduled!
Ooops...It looks like you're using an old version of your browser.
For the best experience, please update your browser or use alternative options as Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.