- Evolution of the biosphere: marine and terrestrial ecosystems, lifestyle and trophic regimes through geological time, global changes in the atmosphere, hydrosphere and lithosphere, geophysiology.
- The impact of environmental changes on the distribution of organisms: the structure of the biosphere, factors limiting the distribution of organisms (light, nutrients, oxygen, temperature, salinity, type of substrate, depth).
- Taphonomy: fossilisation potential (fossil associations and originality indexes), destructive mechanisms (biological, chemical, mechanical) on the surface and in the sediment, fossil sites, taphonomy of plants and animals.
- Adaptive and functional morphology: terminology, causes, modes of organism growth, methods of research (paradigm, experimental palaeoautoecology, computer simulations), adaptation, morphology and environment.
- Trace fossils: fossilisation and taxonomy of trace fossils, marine and boundary trace fossils, bioerosion, land ichnofacies, trace fossils through geological history.
- Fossils as environmental indicators: clastic environments, deep-sea environments, carbonate environments, high and low salinity environments, anoxic environments.
- Population and biocoenosis: types of populations and variations, spatial distribution, specialists and opportunists, biocoenosis structure, numerical analysis of biotic communities, organisation of biotic communities, biological diversity of species through geological history.
- Palaeobiogeography: modern biogeography, the definition of palaeobiogeography, control mechanisms of biogeography (dispersion and vicariance model), identifying palaeobioprovinces, palaeoclimatology, biogeography and evolution.
- Palaeoecology of marine spaces through geological history: diversification, evolutionary fauna, extinction events (modes, causes and recovery).
- Land ecosystems: plants and animals from adaptation to the oldest fossils, terrestrial ecosystems through time.
Geology (MAG) - Geology and Palaeontology (RGP)
24. 8. 2020 24/08/2020 08:0024/08/2020 09:00Europe/LjubljanaPaleoekologija (REGIO.GEO inPALEON-GEO - 2. st.)Study: podiplomski, Note: /P-208 - Aškerčeva 12 OGinfo@ntf.uni-lj.sifalseDD/MM/YYYY
P-208 - Aškerčeva 12
Ooops...It looks like you're using an old version of your browser.
For the best experience, please update your browser or use alternative options as Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.