PUBLIC (INTERNATIONAL) JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Member: University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, Aškerčeva cesta 12, Ljubljana, Slovenia
HIGHER EDUCATION TEACHER – M/F
at the Department of Textiles, Graphic Arts and Design
job code: D019001
title: assistant professor /associate professor / professor
permanent contract, part-time (50%)
Requirements for the position:
- Required education (level and field): doctoral degree (PhD) in the field of textiles.
- Valid habilitation title at the University of Ljubljana: assistant professor or associate professor or professor in the field of textiles.
The candidate meets the requirements if they have a valid habilitation title at the University of Ljubljana or another institution if this title is recognised by the University of Ljubljana in the process of title acknowledgement, or a valid title of a guest teacher at the University of Ljubljana, or if they meet the minimum quantity and quality requirements for an appointment to the title in line with the Statute of the University of Ljubljana and the Criteria for Appointment to the Titles of University Teacher, Researcher and Associate (hereafter Criteria) at the University of Ljubljana to obtain the habilitation title higher education teacher, i.e. assistant professor or associate professor or professor, in the field of textiles. In the latter case, the candidate is required to submit together with the application also the documents confirming the compliance of quality and quantity criteria for the appointment to the title or title recognition in accordance with the Criteria. Moreover, the candidate should enclose a statement of agreement that in case the commission decides so their application is treated at the same time also as the application for the appointment to the title or title recognition. The title must be obtained prior to the conclusion of the employment contract.
Functional skills and other requirements:
- rhetoric abilities, innovation, ability to organise own work and the work of colleagues, ability to lead groups and actively work with students,
- knowledge of textile technology processes with the emphasis on mechanical processes (weaving, knitting, confectioning), ability to participate in the design of textiles and clothing,
- active knowledge of at least one world language and of the Slovenian language at the level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages; in case the candidate does not meet this requirement when being employed, they need to meet it within three years from the date of employment at the latest.
Short work and assignment description:
- forming and updating the syllabus, and adjusting university and higher vocational education programmes to the requirements,
- organising and co-organising all activities for the realisation of the course in accordance with the syllabus and expert findings, coordination of work and supervising other course teachers (assistants, technical and other co-workers),
- lecturing students, managing seminars and other pedagogical activities of the course in undergraduate and post-graduate study programmes,
- managing, evaluating and correcting exams and tests,
- directing research work and study activities of students and mentoring students at the execution of their diploma and master theses, and other works,
- scientific-research or art work, study and development of concepts, theories and methods,
- cooperation at other activities related to pedagogical or scientific-research in the field of expertise (e.g. nostrifications, expert opinions etc.),
- taking care of safe and healthy work for colleagues and students at the unit, ensuring appropriate education and training for colleagues who come into contact with dangerous substances, using personal protective equipment and paying attention to other safety measures,
- performing other tasks which fall within the wider professional field of the workplace.
Application deadline: 60 days, by 24 october 2021
The application should include:
- curriculum vitae, including a description of previous work experience and a list of functional skills,
- bibliography, proof of education, proof of appointment to the title.
Written applications should be sent within the deadline by post to the address:
UL, Naravoslovnotehniška fakulteta, Kadrovska služba, Aškerčeva cesta 12, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
The applications, which should be submitted in writing and should include a curriculum vitae with the description of previous work experience and proof of eligibility, need to be sent by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Ljubljana promotes gender equality in employment and work.
The employment contract can only be concluded with the candidate who qualifies for the position.
Contact person at the Member: