Library at AŠKERČEVA CESTA 12:
- 2nd floor, room 213
- opening time: 8.00-12.00 and 13.00–15.00
- Literature can be returned in the reception of NTF
- Librarian: Barbara Bohar Bobnar
- Tel.: +386 1 47 04 630
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The library contains material in the field of mineralogy, petrology, applied geology, geology Karst geomorphology, geochemistry
Library at PRIVOZ 11:
- 1st floor, room 113
- opening time: 8.00–12.00 and 13.00–15.00
- Literature can be returned in the meeting room
- Technical assistant: Matej Fister
- Tel.: +386 1 24 45 404
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Library contains material in the field of paleontology, regional geology, stratigraphy. In the library there are 4 reading places, one of them is equipped with a computer to access the Internet and COBISS.
It has been said that the way to the laboratory leads through the library. That statement is true. Without books, journals and information, there cannot be any work of professional value or any good learning, teaching or research results. Thus, the library in a way reflects the image of the institution in which it operates. This is especially true for faculty libraries, which must cooperate in teaching and scientific work.
The library of the Department of Geology grew with the department. Towards the end of 2014, the library collection totalled 42,733 books, 1,125 graduation and thesis papers and 1,050 units of unbound material. Library material comprises seminars, bachelor, master’s and doctoral thesis of Department of Geology, specialized publications and periodicals in the field of geology, recommended learning materials, scripts and cartographic collection. In 2014, the library subscribed to 39 printed and 6,489 electronic foreign and Slovenian journal titles. Throughout the year, the library lent out 1,350 volumes of material to its students, professors and other users. Except for bachelor, master and doctoral theses, library material is free available.