Guidelines for students participating in a student exchange abroad

Before going abroad
Students deciding on going on a student exchange abroad, where they intend to take exams and fulfil other study requirements (writing their thesis) mandated by their study programme, must submit the Application to Study Abroad (Prijava študija v tujini) form to the Student Administration Office before going abroad.

The application needs to contain all the required documents connected to studying abroad (a photocopy of the filled in and signed learning agreement form and a confirmation from the host institution about being accepted to the study programme).

In the event there is a change in the signed learning agreement after the student has already moved abroad or the selected courses are changed (or the exchange duration is extended), the student is required to immediately inform the coordinator and the Student Administration Office (e-mails are accepted), sending the new confirmed learning agreement.

The minimum number of credit points which the student is required to achieve in one semester is 30 (or 60 in one year). Students, going on an exchange in the Year 3 summer semester, are an exception. The are required to fulfil the following requirements: students in higher education programmes must obtain at least 24 CP for one semester or 54 CP if they plan on doing a one-year exchange. University programme students need to collect at least 20 CP or 50 CP for an entire year.

Students in their graduation year (“absolventi”) may only prepare their thesis abroad. All other requirements according to the study programme, as well as the thesis defence, need to be carried out at their home faculty.

The student is required to submit these forms to the Student Administration Office by 20 September of the current year for the winter semester or by 15 January for the summer semester.
All of these forms guarantee that the study requirements will be recognized when the students return.

After returning from abroad
After returning from abroad (in 10 days at the latest), the student must visit the Student Administration Office and make sure his or her return is properly logged.

At the same time, students must hand in:

  • the application for recognizing study requirements completed abroad.

The application must also contain:

  • a short description of the completed subjects;
  • the Transcript of Records;
  • the confirmed Annex C.
Skip to content


It looks like you're using an old version of your browser.
For the best experience, please update your browser or use alternative options as Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.