Enrolment conditions and criteria for selection in case of limited enrolment
Enrolment in the programme shall be possible for:
a) any person who has graduated from secondary school;
b) any person who has passed the vocational matura in any secondary school programme and an examination in one of the matura courses; the chosen course cannot be a course that the candidate already passed on his/her vocational matura; *
c) any person who has completed any four-year secondary school programme prior to 1 June 1995.
* Changed enrolment conditions for all university study programmes will come into force at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering in the academic year 2022/2023. Read more.
If the number of candidates applying for the programme exceeds the number of enrolment spaces, the candidates from items a) and c) shall be selected according to their:
- performance in the artistic talent test (70%) which usually takes place in the first week of July
- overall performance on the general matura or final examination (20%);
- overall performance in the 3rd and 4th years of secondary school (10%).
Candidates from item b) will be selected according to their:
- performance in the artistic talent test (70%);
- overall performance on their vocational matura (10%);
- overall performance in the 3rd and 4th years of secondary school (10%);
- performance in the chosen matura course (10%).
Criteria for Crediting Knowledge and Skills obtained before Enrolment
The Faculty may choose to credit a student’s knowledge (obtained in the framework of different kinds of education) if it corresponds to the course content of the
Textile and Fashion Design programme. The NTF’s Studies Committee is charged with crediting knowledge and skills obtained before enrolment; it does this on the basis of the student’s written application and the provided certificates or other documents proving the type of knowledge successfully acquired.
When crediting knowledge obtained before enrolment, the Studies Committee will take into account the following criteria:
- Whether conditions for enrolling into a specific educational course are adequate (required prior education for starting the study programme);
- Whether the scope of the completed educational course (the number of hours of prior education as compared to the scope of the subject in question) adequately compares with the credited requirements,
- Whether the areas covered by the prior education programme, which the applicant would like to have credited, adequately compare with the subjects dealt with in the Faculty course.
Acquired knowledge and skills may be credited as a completed study activity if the conditions for taking part in the educational programme were the same as for enrolling into the Textile and Fashion Design programme, if the prior educational programme encompassed at least 75% of the scope of the subject and if at least 75% of its contents cover the same areas as the subject which the applicant would like to have credited. In the event the Committee finds that the acquired knowledge can be credited, it is granted the same number of ECTS points as awarded for the subject in question.