On this page, you can find everything connected to registering your topic, writing your Master’s thesis and defending your thesis for second-level programmes offered by the Department of Textiles, Graphic Arts and Design.
Instructions for submitting and writing the second-level Master’s thesis at the Department of Textiles, Graphic Arts and Design:
c) Instructions for writing the thesis
Instructions for writing the thesis are determined in accordance with the first- and second-level Rules on Graduation. The attachment contains instructions on how to write the first inner pages of the Master’s thesis.
d) Instructions for submitting the thesis
Students are required to submit one bound copy of the Master’s thesis by the appointed deadline (see “Zagovori diplomskih in magistrskih del 2014-2015” – Defence of Undergraduate and Master’s Thesis 2014-2015) to the Student Administration Office, together with the grade given for the Master’s thesis, written by the mentor and co-signed by the other members of the committee. The FNSE Studies Committee is then tasked with confirming the grade given for the Master’s thesis. The defence of Master’s theses is carried out in accordance with the deadlines given for defending undergraduate and Master’s theses; this applies to all the months, except for July and August.
Candidates who receive the confirmed grade from the FNSE Studies Committee and submit the following documents to the Student Administration Office by the official deadline may defend their Master’s thesis:
- Application for the defence of the Master’s thesis
- The Indeks booklet (with all the grades, signatures and frequencies)
- Birth certificate (copy)
- Marriage certificate (if you have changed your surname in the course of your studies) – copy
- One hard-bound copy of the Master’s thesis and a CD containing the thesis in PDF format. The CD should have a protective cover (sleeve) and be glued to the back interior cover of the copy.
- Two CDs (the thesis in PDF format), each in its own sleeve (the CD should contain the student’s name, the title of the thesis, the department, the level of studies and the month and year of the defence).
- A certificate from the department library (confirming you have no outstanding dues)
- A statement of authorship, allowing for public release
- Consent allowing the publication of your e-mail address (optional)
*A statement confirming the payment for making (binding) your Master’s thesis (in the event you are a full-time student and more than two years have passed since your student status expired)
- Before binding the thesis, its contents must be examined by EVERY member of the evaluation committee and a grade must be given.
- A technical examination of the bibliography is conducted by Irena Berlič or Marjanca Štemberger in the library.
- The Master’s thesis must be proofread. In the event of grammatical errors, the Studies Committee has the authority to reject the work.