The student’s level of learning shall be established and graded by individual courses, and by concluding the learning process of each course with a final exam. The general rules of verifying knowledge shall be regulated according to the NTF (Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering) Examination Regulations approved by the senate of this institution. The methods of verifying knowledge for all courses shall be a written and/or oral exam. At the sametime, previous knowledge that is a prerequisite for taking the exam shall be verified for each individual course. The method for verifying knowledge can be: papers and project reports, practical tasks or products, presentation and defence of papers and project works, reports on completed practical classes,oral knowledge verification during practical classes and/or an examination of practical work. The grading scale prescribed by the Statute of the Universityof Ljubljana shall be used for grading. All forms of knowledge verification shall be graded with the following marks: 6—10 (positive), 5 (negative). Practical training shall be completed with a paper, which will be graded according to the grading scale as: passed/not passed.
For entry into a higher class, the student must have confirmed attendance in all courses, complete all practical classes and have the following number of ECTS credit points for entry into each individual class:
- a minimum of 54 ECTS credit points for entry into the 2nd year;
- 60 credit points from the first year and a minimum of 54 ECTS credit points from the second year for entry into the 3rd year.
To repeat a class, students must have:
- all practical classes and a minimum of 28 ECTS credit points for the 1st year;
- all practical classes and a minimum of 28 ECTS credit points for the 2nd year.
During the course of his or her studies, the student can repeat a class once or change the study programme once for having failed to meet his or her obligations in the former study programme.
The transition is possible between the study programs:
- who, at the end of their studies, ensure the acquisition of comparable competencies or learning outcomes;
- among which, according to the criteria for recognition of knowledge and skills acquired before enrollment in the higher professional study program of Textile and Clothing Engineering, at least half of the obligations under the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) from the first study program related to compulsory subjects higher professional study program of the first level Textile and Clothing Engineering.
An individual exam passed in the original study program is recognized as passed in the higher professional study program of the first level Textile and Clothing Engineering, if the harmonization of the contents of both subjects is at least 75%. The recognized exam is evaluated with credit points in the original study program, but not with more credit points, as evaluated in the higher professional study program of the first level of Textile and Clothing Engineering. In the second or third year of the higher professional study program of the first level of Textile and Clothing Engineering, a candidate may enroll with a transfer if:
- meets the conditions for enrollment in the study programme,
- vacancies are available.
The Study Commission of the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering determines for each candidate to what extent it recognizes already completed study obligations, determines the obligations and determines in which year the candidate can pass.
Selecting External Optional Courses
A student can obtain 30% of the facultative units of the programme (10 creditpoints) in other study programmes at the Department of Textiles, Graphic Arts and Design or through programmes at other faculties and schools of higher education.
Students have the possibility of transferring 30 credit points (one study semester, regardless of the obligatory or elective units) from any programme in the field of textile or production technology offered by universities and other institutions of higher learning in the AUTEX network.