The degree and type of study: Post-graduate study programme – masters degree study programme
Duration: 2 years (4 semesters), total of 120 credits ECTS
Field of study according to ISCED classification: (54) Manufacturing and processing
Classification of the study programme according to KLASIUS-P: (5420) Textiles, clothes, footwear, leather (broad programmes)
Classification of the study programme according to KLASIUS-SRV: (17003) Masters education (second Bologna cycle)
Scientific research discipline according to Frascati classification: Engineering and Technology
Basic goals and competences
The basic goal of the post-graduate programme Textile and Clothing Planning is to expand the knowledge of graduates in the university programme from the field of textiles and clothing, to train students in finding new sources of knowledge through scientific research methods and to manage the most complex working systems. The programme is intended to stimulate the development of critical reflection and communication capacity for teamwork management. A programme characteristic is that it aggregates students in project-oriented work and engages them in applied and basic research tasks, preparing them for further education at the third, doctoral level. In accordance with the principles of the Bologna process, the programme, in comparison with the current programmes, implies a deviation from the educational philosophy of proper integration of various technologies grounded on selected natural science contents. Educational philosophy has been adopted where in addition to the acquired knowledge other student competencies are equally important as well, including their skills and dexterity, in this case by promoting a research approach to rapidly developing technologies in the area of primary textile and clothing activities.
Competence profile of a graduate
- in-depth knowledge gained by the study of theoretical and methodological concepts connected with gaining capacity to seek new sources of knowledge through scientific research methods,
- developed critical reflection,
- ability to experiment and handle various concepts,
- developed capacity for independent learning in the professional and scientific area,
- ability to comprehend the interdependence between technology and design,
- ability to understand visual formats and their technological translation into graphic products,
- initiative and independence in decision making and in management of the most demanding work,
- ability to communicate with colleagues and experts in related disciplines, which facilitates active cooperation in teamwork and in the area of projects based on linking professional principles from various fields,
- developed professional, ethical and environmental responsibility,
- ability to use modern tools, skills and dexterity, primarily in the field of IKT technologies in daily professional and scientific research work.
- in-depth knowledge of mathematics, engineering mechanics, organic and physical chemistry with developed science thinking ability
- in-depth review of high performance fibres, their structure in different structural levels (nano, microfibrilar, macrofibrilar), morphology and performance; use of high-performance fibres for high-technologies (high-tech) in medicine, pharmacy, biomedicine, biotechnology, optics, electronics, transport technology, IT, nuclear energy; fibres with specially modified properties of standard fibres, which allow specific sensual comfort (high-touch) during use,
- understanding scientific methods, critical analysis and synthesis and their use in solving concrete problems: analysis, development and production of progressive products with enhanced properties and high added value (yarn, non-woven, woven and knitted textiles); planning, analysis and execution of progressive mechanical textile processes,
- capacity of linking various knowledge from the fields of constructional, mechanical, physical and chemical properties of textiles with finishing processes aimed at the technological design of multi-functional textiles with high added value,
- understanding the difference between innovation management and management of routine operation,
- in-depth theoretical learning of the integral process of planning textiles with regard to design and functional guidelines,
- in-depth knowledge of the effect of climatic conditions, thermo-physical and sensory human responses in planning clothing for various intended uses,
- learning about innovations in modern textiles, especially intelligent textiles and textiles for special comfort based on a multi-functional and interdisciplinary approach,
- knowledge about state-of-the-art and special processes of the physical and chemical modification of fibre-forming polymers.
With their acquired knowledge, graduates of the masters degree in Textile and Clothing Planning can be employed in the leading positions in textile and clothing industries, consultant companies and agencies, in educational institutions engaged in textile and clothing activities, in trade and government administration.