The degree and type of study: Undergraduate study programme – higher education professional study programmeDuration: 3 years (6 semesters); 180 total ECTS credit pointsTitle: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
Field of study according to ISCED classification: (54) Manufacturing and processing
Classification of the study programme according to KLASIUS-P: (5420) Textiles, clothes, footwear, leather (broad programmes)
Classification of the study programme according to KLASIUS-P-16: (0723) Textiles (clothes, footwear and leather)
Classification of the study programme according to KLASIUS-SRV: (16204) Academic higher education (first Bologna cycle)
Scientific research discipline according to Frascati classification: Engineering and Technology
- Extensive professional knowledge in the field of study in question, augmented by selected knowledge in the areas of natural sciences, management, information and communication technologies, aesthetics and textile design;
- The capacity to comprehend the interdependence between technology and design;
- The capacity to communicate with co-workers and experts in related disciplines, which will facilitate active cooperation in teamwork as well as in projects based on linking the principles of professional and design practices;
- Well-developed professional ethics and environmental responsibility;
- The ability to use modern tools, skills and dexterity, especially in the field of IKT technologies, in everyday professional work;
- The capacity to recognise the harmony between function and design, construction and the proportions of the human body and clothing;
- The capacity to supervise, analyse and manage the working processes in a textile and clothing company;
Understanding trends in the textile and clothing profession in Slovenia as well as in the rest of Europe.
With the acquired knowledge, including a semester of practical training, graduates in textile and clothing production can be employed in small and medium-large textile and clothing companies, and also in the textile trade and service activities.